Tuesday, July 4, 2017

2017 Midyear Memories and Learnings

The first half of 2017 was really something. I had a lot of things happening in my life- work-wise and in my personal life. It may have been a mixture of sad, stagnant and happy moments but nevertheless, I am grateful for all the blessings I have received.

MEMORIES

The first half of 2017 was full of travels. And while travelling has not really been good to my bank account (lol), it does, however, bring me so much joy- experiencing other places and experiencing the wonders of God's creation.

I did not expect that I'd be in a lot of out-of-town trips this 2017, but I'm really happy that I got to see some amazing parts of the Philippines. The wanderlust in me has awoken. (But I'll have to save first. lol)



21st Hot Air Balloon Festival in Clark, Pampanga - Art Fair Philippines - Antipolo, Rizal - Fun Home Musical - Sun Flower Maze in Tayug, Pangasinan - La Union - National Museums and Intramuros tour - Real Surf in Real, Quezon - The Circle Hostel in Liwliwa, Zambales - Bolinao, Pangasinan

LESSONS

The first half of 2017 was also full of lessons, reminding me of who God wants me to be. For the past 6 months, I've learned how to love selflessly. Though I still have a long way to go, and at times selfishness takes over I am always reminded of God's unconditional love (John 3:16) and that I, too, should strive hard to show that kind of love to others as well, even to the difficult ones, especially to the difficult ones.

-o-

The next half of my 2017 is still unknown. I may have set my goals and laid out my plans, but I know that God will have the last word. But whatever happens, I can rest assured by His promise in Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
May it be done according to His will.

For the rest of 2017, I will focus on one thing that truly matter- my personal relationship with God. Matthew 6:33
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."
I know there will be challenges along the way. But I am ready and I have the strength through Jesus (Philippians 4:13).

-o-

Have a nice day folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment