Sunday, July 24, 2016

When the Going Gets Tough

Life has been quite challenging these past few days. I was always tired and stressed because of my commute to and from work. I was uninspired, hence no posts both in this blog and my book blog. I haven't done any reading. Friends are also leaving and moving on to other places. Plus, I think I'm entering a phase called "quarter life crisis". Familiar, anyone?

But through all these things, I was constantly reminded to just walk and trust God. I may not know my future, but God does, and He's already there waiting for me. It's comforting to know that He has already set plans for me, good ones, a future with hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


Yes, the going gets tough and it will still be in the future, but I have strength because of Jesus (Philippians 4:13). I can always find rest in Him (Matthew 11:28). He reminded me that the path I walk may be dark, but He got me. He always has, always will.

I still don't know what I will do in the future. I still don't know where to go. But there's one thing I am 100% sure I will keep on doing for all my life: to serve God and to glorify Him with my life.

I am still a work in progress. But I know that God is patient. I will do my best, not for myself, not for anyone, but for God.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
(1 Peter 5:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment